Membership Co-Chair - Kathryn Koch
Kathryn became a member of the RCL in 2008 and later joined the Republican Women’s Club of Lakeland, Federated. Politics has always intrigued her and she has volunteered with local campaigns. Kathryn is our outgoing president, having served in that capacity for the past three years. The RCL is one of her favorite clubs because of the education aspect.
She has served twice as President of the the Citrus Center Kiwanis Club of Lakeland and also as Lieutenant Governor of the club. Kathryn is very active in the community and serves on the boards of The Polk Education Foundation, The United Way and The Community Foundation. Kathryn earned her B. A. in Organizational Management at Warner Southern College and an A. S. in Marketing Management at Polk State College. Kathryn recently was promoted to Principle of Lanier Upshaw and has worked there for 15 years.
Membership Co-Chair - Jeff Griggs
Jeff joined the RCL in ____.
Program Co-Chairs - John Shannon and Chad Davis
In addition to volunteering as Program Co-Chairs, John and Chad are serving as our club's 2017 President and Vice-President, respectively. Their biographies can be viewed here.
Legislative Affairs Chair - Valeria Jorn
Valeria has been a member of the RCL since ___. She follows in the footsteps of a long line of public servants, including her father, former Lakeland Mayor William G. Cooper; a great uncle, Ed Rivers, Governor of Georgia (1936-1940); a grandfather, William G. Cooper, Sr., Councilman/Mayor Pro tem of Atlanta, GAShe has served in a variety of leadership positions for a number of local civic, political and charitable organizations, including:
- 2013 Corresponding Secretary, Republican Women’s Club of Lakeland, Federated – Current Legislative Chairman.
- 2013 Secretary, The Republican Club of Lakeland – Current Legislative Chairman.
- Former Secretary (10+ years) and Corresponding Secretary (4 years), Polk County Republican Executive Committee.
- Former Secretary, Women for Responsible Legislation.
- Member, Sheriff’s Advisory Council.
- Volunteer Chairman, American Cancer Society’s Cattle Baron Ball (2 years).
- Former Member, United Way Community Investment Team.
- Member Southside Baptist Church.
- Marketing Executive/Legislative Liaison – Tri-County Human Services, Inc. 2011-Present.
- In 1987 as a member of the Polk County Republican Executive Committee, Valeria was recruited by the Republican Party of Florida to run for House of Representatives.
- Campaign manager for two successful Polk County Commissioner campaigns
- Father, William G. Cooper Jr., Mayor of Lakeland
- Great Uncle, Ed Rivers, Governor of Georgia
- Grandfather, William G. Cooper Sr.,
- Great-grandfather, William Walker, Georgia State Legislature
Valeria is married to Wade Jorn, and they have two sons and two grandsons. She is a proud native of Lakeland and a graduate of Lakeland High School and St. Petersburg College (majored in journalism).